AMAZON E-COMMERCE SELLERS, IT’S TIME TO REVIEW YOUR ADVERTISING FOR 2019
A recent Cowen and Co. survey shows us where Amazon ad buyers are spending in the US
According to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal (Tuesday 27th November 2018) ‘Amazon’s ad revenue is on pace to double this year to $5.83 billion’. According to eMarketer, Cowen & Co. ‘expect sales to jump to $28.4 billion over the next five years, that is more than the combined increases in ad revenue for all television networks globally, according to figures from media buyer Group M.
According to eMarketer, Amazon falls behind Google and Facebook, both which make up 61% of US online ad spending,. At a recent Sellers conference, Amazon Ad Slaes Executive Mauriicio Guerra Escamez reference a study that found roughly 92% of shoppers who start their search for a product on Amazon, actually end up purchasing that product there, that is a staggering high level of consumer buying.
You can see why advertising as an Amazon Seller is important on the larger ad platforms, Google and Facebook. It is also paramount in understanding how and where to advertise on Amazon.
A study by Cowen and Co over the summer of 2018 asked ad buyers where their Amazon spending was going. Here are some results of that survey.
1) Sponsored Products – 29%
- These ads can appear above, alongside and below search results as well as your own product detail pages.
2) Video Ads – 21%
- These appear on Amazon sites such as IMDb and Amaxon.com.
3) Product Display Ads – 19%
- These appear on product detail pages, customer review pages and in Amazon’s generated marketing emails.
4) Headline Search Ads – 18%
- These have recently changed to Sponsored Brands and appear above Amazon.com search results, allowing sellers to promote multiple products.
5) Traditional Display Ads – 13%
- These can be displayed on Amazon.com as banners and on devices such as Fire TV and Kindle, as well as other 3rd party sites.
If you are a large Amazon seller you can also choose Amazon’s Video Ads, TV-style spots, Fire TV and now even via their cardboard delivery boxes.
Minions’ franchise have recently bought ad space on Amazon’s USA delivery boxes
As you can see, Amazon advertising is key to your selling success on Amazon. Knowing which keywords to choose for your ads, understanding what your competitors are doing, and how to make your advertising funds reach the furthest, all while reaching your ideal target market can be confusing!
At E-commerce Direct, our advertising, SEO, Adwords and copy writing experience is second to none. We know how and have the knowledge to help increase market penetration and sales for your products. We have a firm and knowledgeable experience with Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it and .es to manage a successful advertising programme for your US and European business.
For questions or help with your Amazon selling and advertising, get in touch with E-commerce Direct at email@example.com or call our UK office +44 (0) 2381 920 246, or if you are based in the US, call toll free ++1 (888) 567-0464.