AMAZON SELLERS WANT TO DOUBLE YOUR PRODUCT SALES? IT’S TIME TO TALK VIDEO!
A product on Amazon and many other e-commerce selling platforms is 73% more likely to sell with the aid of a product sales video.
So what’s stopping you from having a product video? At E-commerce Direct we ask clients and prospects this question all the time. Often in our bespoke E-commerce Sales Growth Plans for e-commerce sellers we suggest, among many other things, a product video. It seems it is one of the suggestions we advise which is most often put on the ‘back burner’, so we asked, ‘why’?
Here are the top three replies we heard when asked why sellers don’t have product videos. The top reason is ‘cost’ followed by, ‘I’ll wait a year a year or two to see how my sales are…’ which translates to ‘cost’. Then there is, ‘I don’t really think a video is necessary, I have good packaging and quality photos’, which still translates to ‘cost’, but for argument’s sake, let’s look at some statistics.
From a Hubspot survey –
- 58% of shoppers think companies with product videos can be trusted
- 71% of consumers think video explains the product better
- 73% more visitors who watch product videos will buy
Those are just three of the many statistics available in the survey, but let’s think about the above mentioned statistics. Clearly we’ve learned it would be beneficial to have a good quality sales video! In a product video you can control the message, show benefits, how the product works, have call to actions like ‘get yours now’ or ‘buy now’, etc., and even use music and effects to excite the customer prospect to buy!
At E-commerce Direct we create product videos for our clients, and yes, especially for smaller e-commerce sellers, it can be expensive. We have invested tens of thousands of pounds in professional cameras, lighting, computers, software and much more. But… video only sells if it’s done properly. Here is one example.
(A good product video helps sells products!)
A product video from a reputable firm will start about £950 and up, but you would most likely recoup the cost shortly after you place your video on your website, e-commerce selling platforms, YouTube and Facebook pages.
If you are struggling and don’t have the funds to engage a reputable video production company, here are a few tips for amateur videographers, and these tips also work as a good ‘check list’ when speaking to a video production company.
- Your product video should be no more than 30 seconds in length.
- Use a tripod for your camera.
- Open with your company logo and dissolve/fade to your product and its packaging.
- Open the packaging and demonstrate the products uses and benefits.
- Use testimonials (saying how great your product is…)
- Use a script. It should talk about the product’s durability, qualities, and your voice over must sound professional and excited.
- Use background music appropriate for your product and its target audience. You can get some ideas from Audio Jungle.
- Close with a call to action such as ‘buy now at these fine e-commerce retailers’ and show logos (Amazon, OnBuy, eBay, etc.).
- Fade or dissolve to your company logo, website address and social media accounts.
Further we recommend, if you want to display your product video in other countries, you should have the voiceover recorded by a native speaker of that country’s language. We advise not to use subtitles to compensate, e.g. a video with an English voiceover showing in Germany with German subtitles. This method looks sloppy with a ‘done on the cheap’ attitude which can degrade the brand image of your product.
To discover more about product videos, visit our webpage. For questions or help with e-commerce selling, get in touch with E-commerce Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our UK office +44 (0) 2381 920 246, or if you are based in the US, call us toll free ++1 (888) 567 0464