Confirmed! Amazon’s Prime Day To Be Moved To September
Act Now! Open for submissions to have your deals considered
As reported today in Forbes, Amazon has decided to reschedule its annual Prime Day sales extravaganza to September, the Wall Street Journal has reported, as the Covid-19 pandemic increases demand on the company’s warehouses.
- Prime Day is an Amazon sales event that has been held in July since the company introduced it in 2015.
- Amazon bosses made the call to push the event back by two months this year to avoid heaping additional strains on its warehouses and delivery network as it struggles with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- Since March, Amazon has prioritized delivering ‘essential’ items, like health products, cleaning supplies and food items with long shelf lives, though the company is slowly making progress toward resuming faster delivery of a wider selection, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
- Reuters said in April that Prime Day had been pushed back to at least August, at a reported cost of $100 million.
- Amazon is also taking steps toward reinstating more one-day deliveries.
Amazon Seller? Don’t miss the amazing opportunity to increase your sales and build your brand awareness!
So what’s the eligibility criteria for Prime Day?
- The Prime Exclusive Discount must meet all Amazon’s regular eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible for Prime Day Prime Exclusive Discounts, you must be a seller with a Seller Feedback Rating of at least 4. Sellers that have not received any feedback ratings from buyers will also be eligible for Prime Day Prime Exclusive Discounts.
- The product must have at least a three and half star rating or no rating.
- The discount must be at least 20 % off the non-member non-promotional price (that is, Your Price or Sale Price, whichever is lower).
- The Prime exclusive discounted price must beat the lowest price for the ASIN in the past 30 days by 5%. The lowest price in the last 30 days is the lowest order price for the ASIN in that period including all deal, promotional and sale prices across all Merchants.
If you are an Amazon seller and need help to take full advantage of growing your sales and managing your account to be ready for Amazon Prime Day, and beyond, get in touch with E-commerce Direct at email@example.com or call our UK office +44 (0) 2381 920 246, or if you are based in the US, call toll free ++1 (888) 567-0464.